Posted to uk.d-i-y
bert[_7_] bert[_7_] is offline

Default World Nuclear Assoc: Nuclear power in the UK - a very interesting read

In article , RJH writes
On 21/12/2016 08:19, grjw wrote:

snip

The cost of running A HEATED THROW IS A TINY PART OF THE COST
OF THE FOOD, so there is no OR about it, perfectly possible to do both.

I'd never heard of them - and if I had, would have thought they cost a
fair bit to run. I can think of 2 people I know who live in unheated,
uninsulated houses who would definitely benefit.

On the loose assumption that they do provide a meaningful amount of
heat, marvellous idea:

http://www.lakeland.co.uk/24507/Sofa...ted-Throw-Brow
n---70-x-150cm

I've a passing interest in this as I carried out some research on the
relationship between housing, poverty, age and health - 30 years back.

Research is still carried out by people like AGE UK. If people like
Plow**** were to read a little more widely they may be better informed
and not appear to be so thick.

The same figures and the same analysis reaching the same conclusions
will be out again in the spring. They will make the headlines again for
a few days and then quietly disappear for another year and a combination
of cold and malnutrition will continue to kill off elderly people.
I wonder how many people realise that life expectancy actually went down
last year.
--
bert