Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Deep Book Dive

A few days ago a friend of mine called me up and said, "Bob, come over here
and take home ten boxes of books."

"Um, no. Why?"

He had a gutted out rental house somebody had been renting to store some
stuff in. They died recently and it was packed floor to ceiling with boxes
of books. The family doesn't want any of it.

We talked a while and he said, " So, Bob, come over here and take home ten
boxes of books."

"Um, no."

"Come on Bob. You can always more books..."

We went back and forth for a while, but ultimately I didn't go. Then today
a firend of mine from out of town stopped by. I happen to know his wife
sells used books on Amazon so I mentioned it to him, and we called my other
friend. A few hours later I was staring in the front door of this dingy
dark hole literally piled to the ceiling with boxes of books. We had to
move boxes to create aisles to get into other rooms that we had to move
boxes to create aisle to get to other boxes.

My friend took home 20 boxes of books, and I took home ten boxes of books,
an unused 2"-6" hole gage still sealed in the plastic in the original box, a
3/8 torque wrench new unused (cheap import), a 36 or 40 inch wood lathe,
most of the parts of a tool grinder, some other misc tools, a sausage
stuffer, a few cherry picked books, a couple presses that I have no idea
what they are for, and a big yellow metal box that I think is some kind of
spot welder.

The house is still so pack with stuff it doesn't look like we removed
anything. I doubt if we looked at 5% of what is there.

The big yellow box says Eagle 2000 on the side of it and its heavy. One
lead has a magnetic clamp and the other has a solid copper electrode with a
big D-handle and a trigger button. There is a timer on the front of the big
yellow box.

It was either very obscure its its pretty old. I could not find a Google
image or a refference to it, so it may be pre internet. Its heavy enough I
suspect it has a copper transformer, and not an aluminum one, and it has
four wheels. The only thing is it has a standard 110 plug on it. The leads
are pretty heavy. 3 or 4 times the size of those on my cracker box. Heck
nearly twice the size of the leads on my Miller 212.

Oh, yeah. In the box with the parts of the tool grinder I found one metal
lathe chuck jaw. Makes me want to go back over and see if there is a metal
lathe buried in there some where.

I have no idea what I am going to do with these ten boxes of books. LOL.