Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank Baron Frank Baron is offline

Default Question about breaking the bead using a harbor freight bead breaker?

On Mon, 19 Dec 2016 16:11:13 -0500, Tekkie? advised:

Notice I have not received a response.

I just saw these. Sorry about that.

Thanks for all the advice because I did six tires so far, where the
60-series car tires are so easy as not to count.

I have one more tire to do, but the nail is kind of near the edge, so, I'm
going to have to figure out WHY they say not to patch near the edge.

Is it that the plug patch won't hold due to flexing?
Or that the fear is that the belts are damaged at a critical spot?