Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default Humidifier

On 12/20/2016 12:55 PM, Tony944 wrote:

"Frank" wrote in message news
On 12/20/2016 11:48 AM, philo wrote:
I've had an Aprilaire humidifier on my furnace for quite some time and
it does work. but recently I got a hygrometer to check the actual
humidity in here, and see that when it gets below zero the humidity in
the house is only about 12%. In warmer weather the humidity is up where
it should be,,,in the 25% to 35% range.

I suppose I could just get a stand-alone unit but was wondering if my
on-furnace unit could be improved any. The fan is working, the water
flow is fine and I put a new element in it.

No big deal just thought I'd ask.

Sounds like it should be working. I've got one and humidity in house is
41% compared to 59%/30 deg F outside. Maybe because you may be in a
more arid area, i.e. outside air is very low.

Concerning Health issues you Relative Humidity should be around 50-60%
And yes when is cold outside "demand" for Humidity will be greater then
if is warm.
Because your furnace is displacing RH or taking it out through your
smoke stock.

Well, we don't get that many really cold days anymore so I guess I need
not worry about it.

Thanks