Posted to alt.home.repair
Meanie[_6_] Meanie[_6_] is offline

Default Car Door Rubber Seals

On 12/20/2016 12:47 PM, Meanie wrote:
On 12/20/2016 11:03 AM, FrozenNorth wrote:
My car doors, especially the passenger side and the trunk occasionally
freeze up in winter, car is parked outside, I have no garage. Unlocking
them you feel them move so that is implying to me it is the rubber
seals, freezing to the metal, and I do not want to force it and pull or
damage the seals. Is there any that I can put on the rubber seals that
will stop this. (next time I can open them that is).

I second the silicone lubricant bd wouldn't even consider WD-40. Spray a
rag and wipe on all the rubber parts. Finito!

Oops, noticed my typo which should have read "I wouldn't...."