Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default Humidifier

On 12/20/2016 11:48 AM, philo wrote:
I've had an Aprilaire humidifier on my furnace for quite some time and
it does work. but recently I got a hygrometer to check the actual
humidity in here, and see that when it gets below zero the humidity in
the house is only about 12%. In warmer weather the humidity is up where
it should be,,,in the 25% to 35% range.

I suppose I could just get a stand-alone unit but was wondering if my
on-furnace unit could be improved any. The fan is working, the water
flow is fine and I put a new element in it.

No big deal just thought I'd ask.

Sounds like it should be working. I've got one and humidity in house is
41% compared to 59%/30 deg F outside. Maybe because you may be in a
more arid area, i.e. outside air is very low.