Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] redzap78@gmail.com is offline

Default Car Door Rubber Seals

On 2016-12-20 11:03 AM, FrozenNorth wrote:
My car doors, especially the passenger side and the trunk occasionally
freeze up in winter, car is parked outside, I have no garage. Unlocking
them you feel them move so that is implying to me it is the rubber
seals, freezing to the metal, and I do not want to force it and pull or
damage the seals. Is there any that I can put on the rubber seals that
will stop this. (next time I can open them that is).

Thanks all, it is supposed to get above 0C tomorrow, if I can pop the
doors open, I will try one of these suggestions.

--
Froz....

I would try the products Derbydad suggested first and WD-40 does not
work well with that type of rubber.