Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default painting furniture with tinted primer

On Tuesday, December 20, 2016 at 10:55:35 AM UTC-5, dpb wrote:
On 12/20/2016 6:44 AM, Diane wrote:
To cut down steps on painting an old headboard and night stand, I want
to know
if I can have the paint store add a tint of color to the primer?

Sure, virtually all primer is tintable (but they don't use paint to do
it as the other poster suggested).

But, it's also getting much harder to even find pure primer; most paints
now are combination primer/paint so depending on what you're thinking of
using mayhaps the step to cut out is the primer itself.

I don't know where you shop, but you can buy "pure primer" just about
anywhere paint is sold. I would certainly not characterize it as "getting
harder to find".

Heck, even Home Depot has pages of "pure primer" products.

http://www.homedepot.com/b/Paint-Primers/N-5yc1vZbt0t