Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Revox A722

On Monday, December 19, 2016 at 11:15:20 AM UTC-5, wrote:

If it's packed tightly, it could be a problem doing a retrofit if you don't mind not looking original. If it's got room, there are tons of options including using a XFR from a typical Japanese receiver (I might have some donors if you need one). You can split it up by putting in a trans for the power amp and a smaller one for the low voltage control voltages.
SNIPPAGE

I have a good deal of room. I need four (4) secondary windings.

ftp://ftp.studer.ch/Public/Products/...A722_Diagr.pdf

Per the schematic. 26V, 24V, and two @ 63V. I DO NOT need more than one primary voltage (120V). If you do have a transformer that has those secondaries, I am interested at any reasonable price. I should have enough room, but I can also send dimensions if needed.

I suspect that the failure was due to someone putting in a massively over-large fuse as the burn extends all the way to the MV switch.

Thanks in advance!

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA