Posted to alt.home.repair
TomR[_3_] TomR[_3_] is offline

Default Newsreader Survey -- Which do you use?

In news TomR typed:
I would be interested in finding out which newsreaders people here are
using.

Thanks all.

So far, on my Windows 10 computers, I have been trying Thunderbird and
Windows Live Mail (WLM).

The WLM seems to be the closest to the Outlook Express that I am used to
using, and I can do things like mark a thread as "Watched" which makes the
customize the menu bars to include icons such as "Next Unread". And, when I
reply to a message in WLM, it doesn't include the "" attributes showing the
prior text vs. my new text.

I can get Thunderbird to show menu icons such as "Next Unread" for
navigating, and Thunderbird does include the"" attributes for quoting the
prior text when submitting a reply to a message. But, when I want to mark a
thread as "Watched" all it will do is place a small tag next to the first
message in the thread but not next to the subthread messages. And, I
haven't figured any way to get the "Watched" thread, and all messages in
that Watched thread to become red or otherwise highlighted.

I am going to try Forte Agent -- maybe the paid version on a 30-day free
trial, or may an older free version, and see how that works.

I also tried Opera based on suggestions from others elsewhere, but I haven't
figured out how to get it to even work as a Newsreader -- which supposedly
it can do.