Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Your rights when stopped in your by a police officer (USA)

On Sun, 18 Dec 2016 09:59:23 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 12/17/2016 4:52 PM, Meanie wrote:

I don't understand why people cannot just do as the lawman request them
to do. That is what gets them shot. If there is anything the lawman
does that is not correct, then sue the heck out of him and the town.

Which is why I always recommend to video the event. It's safe to assume
MOST people have smartphones with cameras nowadays. They should use them
more often.

Maybe. If it is a serious incident I can agree. OTOH, if you get
stopped for a traffic light violation that camera may turn a simple
warning into a full blown ticket.

I can see the cop thinking to himself, if this asshole want to record
it, I will carefully and politely issue a ticket just because I can.

This is where you want to surreptitiously turn your "Dash Cam Pro"
toward the window. He might not even notice it is pointing at him
although the audio itself can be quite compelling.