Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Your rights when stopped in your by a police officer (USA)

On Sun, 18 Dec 2016 04:29:53 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton

On 2016-12-17, wrote:
Maryland V. Wilson and cases building on that.

Not everyone carries ID. They can't make you produce something
that you don't have. I personally never carry ID when not driving.

I always carry ID, even when I'm walking for exercise. Just in
case, y'know, I drop over from a heart attack. Then they'll know
where to send the body.

Cindy Hamilton

I am one of those people who does not carry ID all the time but only
when I am within walking distance of the house. I keep an expired
driver's license and CCW in my boat. In Florida the DL is exactly the
same document (picture etc) as the new one, they just change the date.
We used to just get a sticker for the back but the federal "real ID"
rules eliminated that.