Posted to rec.woodworking
Brewster[_2_] Brewster[_2_] is offline

Default bandsaw blades and more

On 12/17/16 11:35 AM, Leon wrote:
On 12/17/2016 12:19 PM, Leon wrote:
On 12/17/2016 9:06 AM, Brewster wrote:
On 12/11/16 9:30 AM, Leon wrote:

Also it appears that the thrust surface is also a ceramic block (can't
really tell from the photo), ho do they adjust the thrust surface for a
narrow (say 3/8") blade?

It is a dowel with a ceramic disk on the front. It adjusts in and out
and can be rotated to create a new wear surface.

This is all assuming you have a similar device on your Laguna 8^)

-BR

A little more on that, I normally keep a 1/2" blade on the BS for
general sawing, anything from wood to dog chew bones. ;~)

In my last bed project I has a smaller blade on the BS to cut the drawer
pull ovals. I used either a 1/4" or 3/8" blade. The 1/2" turned out to
be to large for the radius I was cutting.

It looks to be made of aluminum. I have always worried about the set
screw arrangement that secures the guide to the round post as a
potential for stripping, but the Carter guide I have is aluminum and has
shown no signs of weakness.

This is going in my letter to Santa, thanks Leon!

-BR