Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim... tim... is offline

Default Solar PV now world's cheapest electricity.

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"tim..." wrote in message
news

news
On 16/12/16 15:26, tim... wrote:

"alan_m" wrote in message
On 16/12/2016 08:50, harry wrote:
http://www.independent.co.uk/environ...-a7477096.html

Are the costs for storage or an for alternative source for when it's
dark factored in?

I realise that this doesn't allow the claim to be scaled up in the way
harry did

but I think the point of the article was talking about areas where
there
was no other means of supply

leccy for 12 hours a day has got to be better than leccy for zero hours
of the day

Not if te main use for it is lighting after dark.

why would its main use to be to provide something that it can't provide
that you *didn't* have before

Because that happens to be what you need most, lighting after dark.

but they are currently sourcing that some other way

so they can go on doing so

and I would content that it is what you need most

Surely things like refrigeration to keep food longer is much more important
"new" thing to have

It's like saying that there's no point someone who doesn't own a car
buying one because it can't fly you to France

Nothing like in fact.

Nope, it's an exact analogy

tim

---