Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Hotpoint wm

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
news

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
news

"Graham." wrote in message
On Sat, 17 Dec 2016 15:26:53 -0000, "Jim GM4DHJ ..."
wrote:

just replaced the brushes....is it normal for new brushes to
"scream"...some
noise ! .... or did I just not notice the noise from the motor before
the
repair ..?

Yes, while there is a small point of contact. They should quieten
down when they bed in, and take on the profile of the commutator,

thanks...thought that might be the case....the brushes were a distress
purchase at a shop in Glasgow...pattern parts £20.....when I checked
later I could have got the genuine part on ebait delivered for
£9.95.......that is why I have two cars so I can take my time sourcing
parts at a good price when one breaks down....but you can't have two
washing machines.....

You can actually. And I have 3 dishwashers too.

white goods one up-manship...tee hee...

Nope, I've had enough of a clue to get cheap
ones from garage/yard sales when the original
one of each that I bought new had problems
with the dishwashers. I inherited the second
washing machine and kept it as a spare until
the original washing machine developed a
problem that I havent even bothered to look at.