Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4DHJ ... Jim GM4DHJ ... is offline

Default Hotpoint wm

"Graham." wrote in message
On Sat, 17 Dec 2016 15:26:53 -0000, "Jim GM4DHJ ..."
wrote:

just replaced the brushes....is it normal for new brushes to
"scream"...some
noise ! .... or did I just not notice the noise from the motor before the
repair ..?

Yes, while there is a small point of contact. They should quieten
down when they bed in, and take on the profile of the commutator,

thanks...thought that might be the case....the brushes were a distress
purchase at a shop in Glasgow...pattern parts £20.....when I checked later I
could have got the genuine part on ebait delivered for £9.95.......that is
why I have two cars so I can take my time sourcing parts at a good price
when one breaks down....but you can't have two washing machines.....