Posted to alt.home.repair
notbob notbob is offline

Default They changed the formula for Brasso!

On 2016-12-17, philo wrote:

On 12/16/2016 02:17 PM, Mike Duffy wrote:

Apparenly around 2009. I bought a new bottle (plastic now vs. the older
metal), and am truly dissapointed because IT NO LONGER WORKS.

I never thought it did!

I was in the USAF ('66-'70) and was in the fire dept. Talk about brass!

When I was in USAF basic, we did not have Brasso. So, our TI (DI) told
us to staal a couple bottles of Lousiana Hot Sauce from the mess hall
and we used that to polish the brass latrine fixtures in our ancient
WWII barracks.

A yr later, when I was actually assigned to a fire dept (Wheelus AFB,
Libya N, Africa), I could finally afford some real Brasso, so bought a
can. The crap didn't work any better than the hot sauce. I tossed
the Brasso and never bought any, ever again. No kidding.

I think what actually polishes the brass is plain ol' elbow grease.
Rub hard enough and I think even water will polish brass.

nb