Posted to alt.home.repair
Stormin' Norman Stormin' Norman is offline

Default Question about breaking the bead using a harbor freight bead breaker?

On Sat, 17 Dec 2016 13:00:36 -0500, wrote:

You can keep telling me it doesn't work well for welding, but I have
used oxy-propane and produced beautiful welds.

They may LOOK good, but I'm not sure I'd trust them - see quote from
Hobart site below.

I guess I had better go out and buy a new 3" x 24' drive shaft for my
wind powered well water pump. I welded it using oxy/propane three
years ago (after it sheared), it has pumped untold thousands of
gallons since then, but, based upon your research, my weld must be
garbage and will fail at any moment......

Tell you what, you are right, you win. Oxy/Propane is garbage for
welding regardless of my direct, first hand experience.