Posted to uk.d-i-y
soup[_9_] soup[_9_] is offline

Default OT. HS2 is a load of bollix.

On 17/12/2016 02:11, wrote:
On Friday, 16 December 2016 20:01:59 UTC, Scott wrote:
On Fri, 16 Dec 2016 11:01:30 -0800 (PST), harry
wrote:

The brain dead at Westminster are finally realising what anyone with common sense knew years ago.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-24011403

I wonder how much money has been chucked away to date?

Not as much as on motorways I'm sure. Our rail network is creaking at
the seams and needs extra capacity. Surely any new line should be
built to the latest standards?

I've been on trains where the train is longer than the station. The train pulls in, the front people disembark/embark, the train moves forward and the rear people disembark/embark. What stops us doing that here?

The great british public? I can imagine those in a carriage that has to
stop just short of the platform trying to alight by jumping down to
track level and a few spraining ankles etc then the train can't move
until all the bodies ...

Even if there was some system of only half the train doors could be
opened at one time there would be a rush as people tried to get from
their seats to carriages whose doors would open first.