Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default OT. HS2 is a load of bollix.

On 17/12/2016 12:42, Scott wrote:
On Sat, 17 Dec 2016 10:04:02 +0000, Tim Lamb
wrote:

In message , ARW
writes
On 17/12/2016 00:10, Theo wrote:

One thing at a time. That's a 20-30 year project. Also the economics get
somewhat sketchier further north. However London to Edinburgh will still
benefit by using it as a trunk route - just like the M1 can be used to make
a quicker journey than the A1 all the way (less of an issue since the A1 has
lost all the roundabouts and single sections it used to have).

The last time I drove on the M1 it ended in Leeds!

The first time I drove on the M1 it ended at Rugby:-(

When the Preston by-pass - Britain's first motorway - opened was it
called the M6 or did they wait until there was more motorway built
before adopting the name?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_...mbering_scheme

--
Adam