Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Mains Relay

In article ,
tony sayer wrote:
In article , Dave Plowman (News)
scribeth thus
In article ,
Bill wrote:

I have said I'll ask around to see if anyone knows whether all this type
of relay is noisy, or whether anyone knows how to select a silent type.

AC coil relays are more likely to make noise than DC types for obvious
reasons. But not all do. Where did you buy it? I'd expect one from RS
Components etc to be good.

Got some in use here Dave, all quiet..

Got one here that came from Maplin many many years ago. Open frame type.
Used to switch the power to my AV setup via the switch on the main amp.
Only 10 amps, but more than enough. You can hear it make, but no buzz etc
after that. Must be getting on for 40 years old. ;-)

--
*This message has been ROT-13 encrypted twice for extra security *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.