Posted to uk.d-i-y
Scott[_17_] Scott[_17_] is offline

Default OT. HS2 is a load of bollix.

On Fri, 16 Dec 2016 20:01:56 +0000, Scott
wrote:

On Fri, 16 Dec 2016 11:01:30 -0800 (PST), harry
wrote:

The brain dead at Westminster are finally realising what anyone with common sense knew years ago.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-24011403

I wonder how much money has been chucked away to date?

Not as much as on motorways I'm sure. Our rail network is creaking at
the seams and needs extra capacity. Surely any new line should be
built to the latest standards?

Of course (on an old favourite of mine) had they closed the Great
Central they could have 'upgraded' it and avoided planning arguments
and costly impact mitigation schemes.

Should be 'had they not closed'