Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default OT. HS2 is a load of bollix.

In article ,
ARW wrote:
On 17/12/2016 08:23, charles wrote:
In article , ARW
wrote:
On 17/12/2016 00:10, Theo wrote:

One thing at a time. That's a 20-30 year project. Also the economics
get somewhat sketchier further north. However London to Edinburgh will
still benefit by using it as a trunk route - just like the M1 can be
used to make a quicker journey than the A1 all the way (less of an
issue since the A1 has lost all the roundabouts and single sections it
used to have).

The last time I drove on the M1 it ended in Leeds!

that was a long time ago.

That was yesterday.

Or is there a hidden section of the M1 that goes to Edinburgh that I do
not know about?

The M1 goes past Leeds and joins the A1 at Aberford - a bit south of
Wetherby

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England