Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default They changed the formula for Brasso!

On Fri, 16 Dec 2016 23:15:41 -0500, Mike Duffy
wrote:

On Fri, 16 Dec 2016 20:06:45 -0600, Vic Smith wrote:

You'll have to experiment now. The old days, when you knew what
worked and could get it, are gone.

Since posting previously, I have been thinking about the non-toxic
insecticide diatomaceous earth, which is mostly silica.

Toothepaste also seems to be a likely candidate. I'll followup after
experimenting.

Brasso was never the best anyway. The Navy provided it for polishing
brass/copper, but there was something called Glow which worked much
better. It was a paste that came in a tube. But you had to buy it.
That was 50 years ago.
You might try a headlight lens restorer. I used Blue Magic with
success on my lenses, and it might work on brass/copper.
But toothpaste might work too.