Posted to alt.home.repair
Unquestionably Confused Unquestionably Confused is offline

Default Unarmed elderly man with dementia killed by police in Calif.

On 12/16/2016 5:34 PM, Oren wrote:
On Fri, 16 Dec 2016 15:04:41 -0800 (PST), ItsJoanNotJoann
wrote:

On Friday, December 16, 2016 at 12:58:36 PM UTC-6, Oren wrote:

On Thu, 15 Dec 2016 21:04:34 -0800 (PST), ItsJoanNotJoann
wrote:

In the USA anyone of age who is not a convicted felon can purchase
a gun from a dealer. There is also no law anyone cannot purchase
a gun in a parking lot deal. Are those buyers or sellers felons
or in possession of stolen weapons? Maybe, maybe not but there's
no law preventing them from doing the deal.

Better read the current laws in your state and the federal laws.

Involuntary commitment or civil commitment to mental health precludes
one from buying a gun - does not include a person voluntarily seeking
counseling or treatment.

You don't think mentally ill people are smart enough to lie on a
firearms application??

A felony. Does your state or the feds have a record on mentally ill
trying to buy a gun?

Nevada just passed, by ballot measure that closed the ALLEDGED gun
show loop hole (spit) You can't lone a weapon to a friend for hunting
purposes without both going to a FFL and having a "background check".

And you think Bob wants to borrow Bills gun to go hunting and he's going
to say let me get an FFL and do a background check on you?

You miss the point. It would be against the law.

I can skirt any law. Doesn't mean I'm allowed to do it, by law.

Ignorance of the law is no excuse.

You did write "There is also no law anyone cannot purchase
a gun in a parking lot deal."

That is not fact.

Don't confuse her with facts, Oren. She made a broad statement based on
her biases and doesn't appreciate it when called on it.

Why is it that when laws are ignored, more laws and restrictions are the
answer rather than enforcing the laws being ignored. Ah, yes, it's feel
good time. Just like the participation awards being handed out like
dust motes so no one's "self of steam" will be affected.

Screw all the pansies!