Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default New fluorescent lights rapidly pulsing

On Friday, December 16, 2016 at 1:44:04 PM UTC-5, Mike Graham wrote:
replying to Don Klipstein, Mike Graham wrote:
I replaced both ballasts in .my four fixture Kitchen light. The ballasts
claimed for two
40w T12, or Twould 32w T8. The T12 bulbs would start the shimmering after
about 30 mins. It got so irritating After trying all suggestions , the tube
where replaced with 32w T8,s. The problem is solved. No real perceptible light
difference.
That's only an observation though. Thx.

Even though you responded to a 9+ year post, I'll offer this...

You could have skipped the ballast replacement and gone with direct wire
LED tubes.

Just one such example:

http://tinyurl.com/EarthLED-Tube

Amazon has lots of choices too.