Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkie® Tekkie® is offline

Default Mattress pad vs. new mattress

ItsJoanNotJoann posted for all of us...

On Tuesday, December 13, 2016 at 10:24:32 AM UTC-6, KenK wrote:

My old mattress is well worn. I probably should buy a new one but hate to
think of the fuss and scheduling to remove and deliver a new mattress plus
tearing apart the bedding and putting it back. And the expense! Seems like
a mattress pad would give me most of the advantages and few of the
problems. What has been your experience? If so, how thick? Filled with
what? Any particularly good brands?

TIA

A mattress pad adds no support, all it does is help keep your
mattress clean. Bite the bullet and get a new mattress
and see if them hauling away your old mattress is part of
the deal.

+1 What I was going to post. FYI there are more models of mattress than
cars, get one with a trial period. They are NOT like they used to be.

--
Tekkie