Posted to alt.home.repair
HerHusband HerHusband is offline

Default Questions which came up only AFTER I drilled a hole in concrete

I think you are right. I still remember the first time I heard "****"
used in mixed company. It was around 1956...my college roommate and I
were going somewhere with our respective girl friends and he uttered
it. My ears burned. I use the word with some frequency depending
upon the situation - I was in the Navy - but not in mixed company (or
with females in other than appropriate circumstances).

I almost never swear, even in private. Ironically, my wife can be quite the
potty mouth.

We have lost a lot of things in the intervening years...the word "gay"
to describe what was a wonderful mood.

Yeah, I can't help but laugh every time I hear the Christmas song: "The
Most Wonderful Time of the Year". You know, the part about "gay happy
meetings".

I keep annoying my wife because I'm frequently saying "Be of good cheer",
since a line in that song says "everyone telling you be of good cheer". I
don't think I've EVER heard anyone tell me that.

Anthony Watson
www.watsondiy.com
www.mountainsoftware.com