Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default VGA to composite or S converter problems

On Thu, 15 Dec 2016, wrote:

On Wednesday, December 14, 2016 at 5:39:26 PM UTC-5, wrote:
I needed to convert the VGA output from my laptop to either S or composite video. I purchased this converter and although I can get it to display on the video monitor the picture appears as though the vertical is running off frequency. Naturally there is no way to adjust this on most equipment these days. And there does not seem to be any way the address this in the converter either. I tried selecting different refresh rates and resolution settings on the computer but nothing seems to make a difference. Does any one have any ideas? Thanks, Lenny.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VGA-to-TV-RC...MakeTrack=true

We watch OTA TV. As of the first of the year we will be losing our
present NBC affiliate out of Boston. We live in Southern New Hampshire
and I've been reading that the replacement is a low power Boston UHF
station that will barely reach one third of the present Massachusetts
viewing area. So NH is probably going to be a dead area for that
signal. Consequently we may very well be watching NBC programming on
the computer. This is what happens when a cable company like Comcast
has an opportunity to purchase a network.

YOu can't get WPTZ, the NBC station out of Burlington Vermont? I thought
they were up on Mt. Mansfield, certainly one of the large Vermont
mountains. But perhaps they have a less than omnidirectional signal. It
was on channel 5, apparently now on channel 14, and has subchannels for
MeTV and The CW.

Michael