Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Network Dymo label printer?

On Thu, 15 Dec 2016 09:54:51 +0000, "Dan S. MacAbre"
wrote:
snip

We've a few here, and it seems that if you actually want nice graphic
labels (as opposed to just printing on tiny paper), you need the
designer software on the client anyway,

Agreed, assuming you are looking for an 'easy solution' (and I am).

otherwise you get problems with
font and margin sizes.

I did set one up for someone once to be used on Windows or Mac (USB
lead swap) and as you say, printing with anything than the supplied
app, even those aimed at printing on labels (like postal packages)
seemed very experimental / touchy.

The client software is (as you'll know) also a
nice database client for things like addresses.

No, I didn't know buy you sorta reminded me I may have seen the
beginnings of such when I was installing for a friend. (This is the
problem when being a 'hardware guy' you tend to set these things up
but don't get to see what happens after that). ;-)

OOI, do you know if you can also print to the likes of a (network
shared even) Dymo from Android or iOS please?

Cheers, T i m