Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dan S. MacAbre[_4_] Dan S. MacAbre[_4_] is offline

Default Network Dymo label printer?

T i m wrote:
On Wed, 14 Dec 2016 19:58:42 +0200, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On 14/12/16 18:28, T i m wrote:
On Wed, 14 Dec 2016 11:23:07 +0000, "Dan S. MacAbre"
wrote:
snip

I don't think any of the printers are directly networkable, since dymo
sell a separate print server for the purpose.

This one looks like it is?

http://www.dymo.com/en-GB/labelmanag...np-label-maker

May as well share it from
your server.

I could ... just that means I have to position it within a
USB-cable's-length of my server rather than where it's most
convenient. ;-(

If it's supported by Linux I could make a std one WiFi by sharing it
off a Raspberry Pi3. ;-)

Axshully its possible to make it a 'raw' device and put the drivers for
it elsewhere on e,g. the winboxen using the pi as server.

Interesting. I'll have to see if I can try it out on a mates printer
before buying one myself.

Cheers, T i m

We've a few here, and it seems that if you actually want nice graphic
labels (as opposed to just printing on tiny paper), you need the
designer software on the client anyway, otherwise you get problems with
font and margin sizes. The client software is (as you'll know) also a
nice database client for things like addresses.