Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Network Dymo label printer?

On 14 Dec 2016 21:01:23 +0000 (GMT), Theo
wrote:

T i m wrote:
So, plug it into a Pi3 and share it but is it supported by Linux?

Yes, there's a CUPS driver. It's even written by Dymo:
http://www.dymo.com/en-GB/dymo-label...ups-linux-p--1

Cool. ;-)

Works on the Pi too:
https://www.hmazter.com/2013/05/rasp...or-labelwriter

Nice walk through (at first glance) and I will be a good test to see
just how comprehensive it is. ;-)

That makes it a printer - you can print to it from any software.

And from Windows, OSX and Linux OS client machines (hopefully)?

However you probably want to look around for suitable label software, since
some features of label software (eg resizing text to fit the label) aren't
standard on normal wordprocessors.

But don't Dymo offer a (Windows?) app that makes all that easy?

(The CUPS driver also avoids the pile of bloatware that is the official Dymo
software)

I'm not sure if you have already explained / answered this as I don't
know enough about the workings of Linux ... but does that mean you can
use the supplied Windows app to print though the Pi to the Dymo just
as one would normally please Theo?

Basically I'm hoping for a 'Networked Dymo Printer' and any server
solution to be transparent in use.

Cheers, T i m