Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Anyone here know about metering pumps?

On Mon, 12 Dec 2016 21:41:07 -0500, wrote:

On Mon, 12 Dec 2016 21:37:02 -0500,
wrote:

On Mon, 12 Dec 2016 17:49:24 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

On Monday, December 12, 2016 at 5:52:11 PM UTC-5, wrote:

So after my long winded post can anyone help?
Thanks,
Eric

Zt sounds as if you are going to need at the very least a timer. Perhaps some intelligence.

Consider using an Arduino. they aer dirt cheap microcontrolers. The cheapest one can work as a timer and can be set to 1/1000 of a second to any reasonable length of time. I do not remember the exact number but the max time is measured in days. They are easy to program, And I will help you.

Dan

With a tube/roller pump you just need to control the speed of
whatever motor you are using. About the simplest low pressure low
volume pump you can get - and it can be a steady flow, as compared to
pulsed outpot with either a double loop or double roller setup

AKA Peristaltic pump. As low as about 6 bucks on EBay - up ton several
thousand - - - -

I thought about peristaltic pumps but the tubing doesn't seem to last.
And I think a pulsing pump might be better since I'm only needing a
drop or two at a time.
Eric