Gary Slusser

Default Municipal water pressure

"Scott" wrote
On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 11:10:48 GMT, Jeff Cochran
wrote:

First, you usually out the PRV at the meter. Second, is the main
showing any signs of trouble? If it's an older line, it's likely
galvanized steel and will have no issues with 110 PSI.

The main's less than 20 years old. I dimly remember watching our
water line being connected to it, and I recall it being blue plastic.

That's the type of plastic I suggested but I see I said 1". Depending on
the water co's pressure, that might have to be 1.25" or 1.5".

I've seen some 20 yo galvanized that wouldn't hold 50 psi. It depends on
the water quality run through the line, not the age.

Gary
Quality Water Associates