Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default 'Double locking' a DG front door?

In message , Handsome Jack
writes
Tim Lamb posted
In message , T i m
writes
Then don't? Keep TP running for Usenet and use TB for mail then at
least you will be half way prepared for when TP finally dies. ;-)

The last I remember we couldn't actually get TB to connect to your ISP
mail host (but we were unsure if it was enabled or what their settings
needed to be)?

I'm using TB for mail and Turnpike for news. OK until the anticipated
Demon switch off.

What can Demon switch off that will disable Turnpike? I still use it
with the Eternal September free NNTP service.

Nothing other than age will disable Turnpike:-)

Demon (Vodafone) provide my Internet connection and there is a
persistent rumour that they intend to ditch non business customers next
May.

--
Tim Lamb