Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lap top battery Longevity

On Wednesday, 14 December 2016 15:54:09 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
That is much better than with a desktop system
which isnt as portable and which has to be plugged
into the mains whenever you do want to use it.

my retina imac has always been used on teh same table in the same place
I like a 27" screen and as yet NO laptop comes with a 27" screen.
I;'ve used a laptop with a 17" screen.
I have a 15 & 17 inch screens in my loft that I donlt use.

How come with all these computers you only ever post from work?

I don't only ever post from work, mostly I do as I have better things to do at home. I'll get home about 8:15 tonight have a couple of friends coming over just before 9 last night was similar.

This afternoon I was expecting 30 studetns for a circuit building exercise where I judge the winner, just done that but only 8 of the 30 turned up.
During this I have a list of about 30 studetns orders to look through as they type I research what they want and put it on the relivant order forms.

Maybe I should post their requests here see what you come up with.
Square brackets indicate a box that they have typed into a google speardsheet.

Quantity [1] Brief description or URL [Microphone Capsule] order code [doesn't matter]

so what would you order ?

Q from student , Do you have any infra red detectors.
Yes , I say, I keep these in stock, help yuorself to them the order code is listed in the draw they are, in so you can get their PDF.
https://www.rapidonline.com/kingbrig...-diode-58-0320
https://www.rapidonline.com/kingbrig...sistor-58-0325

https://www.rapidonline.com/ir53l-in...-power-58-0112
https://www.rapidonline.com/truopto-...sensor-58-0115

https://www.rapidonline.com/kingbrig...-diode-58-0100

https://www.rapidonline.com/kingbrig...sensor-58-0105

If none of these are suitable then let me know what you want add it to yuor order form and I'll order it. within 2 days.

about 1 week later he adds this to his on-line order form

http://www.appliancesdirect.co.uk/p/...FQkSGwodS_oOMA

and then comes in a day later to ask me when it will arrive as it's urgent.

since starting to type this I've put away 12 soldering irons and stands, had about a dozen student Qs or requests, it;s just that every so often a student doesn;t come to me for 5 or 10mins.

and teh ISS is coming over in about 5mins So if I see that I;ll point it out to them.

4pm is the staff xmas party but I still have a lab to run until 5pm, other staff are free to attened of course.