Posted to uk.d-i-y
Michael Chare[_4_] Michael Chare[_4_] is offline

Default Are there any 'all mains' doorbells at reasonable prices?

On 12/12/2016 17:21, Chris Green wrote:
I'm after a doorbell (preferably one which has two or more sounders)
which doesn't use batteries at all. I.e. both the button(s) and the
sounders are mains powered. I don't even mind all that much if wire
is required between the button(s) and the sounders but wireless would
be easier.

Are there any out there? I can find quite a few with mains powered
sounders but they still have battery powered buttons.

Yes, you can easily buy a bell and a transformer. Likely you can also
modify a battery operated one to use power from a transformer. I
recently did just that using a transformer that had 4,8 and 12v options.

When I replaced the push buttons at the front and back doors I found
that there had obviously been many previous ones. Unlike the other mains
operated one that has remained the same for the past 30 years.

The transformer I got looks like this:
http://www.cef.co.uk/catalogue/produ...ll-transformer

Byron make bells etc.

--