Posted to uk.d-i-y
James Wilkinson Sword James Wilkinson Sword is offline

Default Are there any 'all mains' doorbells at reasonable prices?

On Mon, 12 Dec 2016 22:51:59 -0000, Clive Arthur wrote:

On 12/12/2016 18:04, Chris Green wrote:
Clive Arthur wrote:
On 12/12/2016 17:21, Chris Green wrote:
I'm after a doorbell (preferably one which has two or more sounders)
which doesn't use batteries at all. I.e. both the button(s) and the
sounders are mains powered. I don't even mind all that much if wire
is required between the button(s) and the sounders but wireless would
be easier.

Are there any out there? I can find quite a few with mains powered
sounders but they still have battery powered buttons.

I don't know, but it's worth pointing out that the bell push batteries
last pretty much the battery shelf life in normal use as they're only
drained when the button is pushed.

Yes, but they fail without much warning. Not hearing the bell isn't a
very good indicator of a failed battery.

Certainly mine fails without warning, but never because of the bell push
battery which has been there for many years. It's always the bell
sounder unit batteries, as they are draining in receive mode all the time.

I thought the sounder was always plugged in?

--
The greatest distance attained for a jet of semen that has ever been recorded is 18'9" (5.71 m) which was achieved with a "substantial" amount of seminal fluid by Horst Schultz.