Posted to uk.d-i-y
James Wilkinson Sword James Wilkinson Sword is offline

Default Are there any 'all mains' doorbells at reasonable prices?

On Tue, 13 Dec 2016 13:46:50 -0000, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
Andy Burns wrote:
Clive Arthur wrote:

Chris Green wrote:

I'm after a doorbell (preferably one which has two or more sounders)
which doesn't use batteries at all. I.e. both the button(s) and the
sounders are mains powered. I don't even mind all that much if wire
is required between the button(s) and the sounders but wireless would
be easier.

Are there any out there?

I have a good old "ding-ding" chime, with illuminated push button and CU
mounted transformer, don't know if there's an easy way to piggy-back
additional sounders off it though.

https://www.friedland.co.uk/en-GB/Chimes/Fixedchimes/Pages/D117.aspx

it's worth pointing out that the bell push batteries
last pretty much the battery shelf life in normal use as they're only
drained when the button is pushed.

How does that explain every battery powered one I ever try to use being
flat?

Very true.

I also looked at the latest 'bells' in the TLC catalogue after reading
this thread. And it seems many light up when ringing. So must be designed
for a bedsit? No wonder people can't hear them ring.

Best thing to do is to look for the room with the TV in it and bang on the window. Even if people hear the doorbell they think it's part of the TV program. If you can hear a hoover, forget it.

--
A man was sunbathing naked at the beach.
For the sake of decency and civility, and to keep it from getting sunburnt, he had a hat over his private parts.