Posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y
Theo[_3_] Theo[_3_] is offline

Default Car/bike electrical connector suppliers

In uk.d-i-y Peter Hill wrote:
My search terms were
"vehicle electrical supplies"

There's lots of two-bit e-shops that Google brings up that sell a small
range of common connectors, but it's easy to run out of road quite rapidly.

For instance, my current test list includes:
Harley 7-pin throttle-by-wire connector, aka TE/AMP Mini Multilock, stocked by RS:
http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/pcb-connector-housings/7122365/?origin=PSF_435697|rel
(plus pins)

Sumitomo 3-pin throttle connector:
https://www.ttiinc.com/content/ttiin...tti-sitemap-ga
(various ebay sources)

120 amp Anderson connectors
http://www.andersonpower.com/us/en/p...ts/sb-120.aspx

Assorted Chinese white plastic connectors (exact names unknown):
http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/2-IAAO...PM/s-l1600.jpg

These are just examples, next time it'll be a different list.
Some of these are widely available, some aren't.
I've not found anywhere near a one-stop-shop.

The trouble with buying from multiple e-shops is the postage starts to mount
up rapidly. For instance, in the first case the only UK supplier is RS who
force me to buy 5, which works out at about 17 quid [1]. I could buy one from the
US or from Germany, but after postage it works out about the same. Imagine
this repeated over lots of connectors - it soon gets silly.

Hence the wish to buy from someone with a wider range.

(That said, I should probably stare at what RS have in more detail: pity
there's no sensible classification)

Theo

[1] RS' stupid MOQ rules are one reason they're ordinarily a last resort for
me