Posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y
Chris Bartram[_2_] Chris Bartram[_2_] is offline

Default Car/bike electrical connector suppliers

On 13/12/16 20:58, Theo wrote:
I keep needing to buy a variety of car/motorbike electrical connectors - the
kind of N-way crimp connectors used for wiring up auxiliary circuits, often
with weirdly shaped plastic housings.

Ordinarily I'd go to the usual suspects of Farnell or RS for electronic
components, but these seem to be a bit different. Often they aren't
covered - perhaps because they're often made by different manufacturers (not
the usual Molex/TE/Samtec/FCI/Tyco/etc, maybe from Japan/China/etc
manufacturers)

Shops like EuroCarParts are useless because they tie everything to vehicle
reg - no use going there saying 'I want a 7-pole connector that looks like
this'. Likewise local car parts shops don't carry useful stock.

There's a few ebay stores that sell them in ones and twos for no doubt
large markups, which leads me to deduce they must have a supplier they buy
them from - I doubt they buy in the thousands from the manufacturer direct.
They must be getting from a wholesaler - who probably have a better range at
lower prices (witness all the Farnell bits that turn up on Amazon with some
ludicrous markup).

So what's the Farnell or TLC of car/bike electrical bits?

Thanks
Theo

http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.eu/ ?