Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Question about breaking the bead using a harbor freight bead breaker?

On Tue, 13 Dec 2016 18:40:52 +0000 (UTC), Frank Baron
wrote:

On Mon, 12 Dec 2016 20:09:56 -0500, advised:

Move the breaker shoe part in to the first hole on the handle so
the shoe pushes out and down when you lean on the handle - as shown in
the 'tubes I referenced. The inner part of the rim needs to be against
the stop on the foot of the changer.

Oh. I didn't even realize, until you mentioned that, that there are holes
in the handle where we can move the breaker shovel further to the center of
the wheel or further away from the center of the wheel.

Too bad, because I don't have the SUV (I only have one spare tire right
now) as I'm doing this for a relative.

Last night, I destroyed the tire changer bead-breaking arm:
http://i.cubeupload.com/LqS6N4.jpg

It bent like it was made out of butter.

I may have to head back to Harbor Freight for this one:
http://i.cubeupload.com/ics54M.jpg

It is every bit as crappy as the one on the changer