Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default [ot] phone chargers

Lee wrote
Rod Speed wrote

It doesn't work like that. If that was possible Samsung would have done
their charger like that.

Motorola did exactly this when they provided my phone with a 700mA
charger when the phone is capable of charging at 1.7A. (and does)
Funny that the recommended "optional extra" charger is rated at 2.1A

Yes, but SAMSUNG doesn’t do it like that, as I said.

Same with the Lumia SWMBO has, again supplied with a 700mA charger by
Microsoft, but supports charging at 1.5A.

Yes, but SAMSUNG doesn’t do it like that, as I said.

Yeah battery longevity vs charge current blah blah, it's not. It's simple
cost-cutting.

Which SAMSUNG doesn’t do.