Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank Baron Frank Baron is offline

Default Question about breaking the bead using a harbor freight bead breaker?

On Mon, 12 Dec 2016 19:04:13 -0600, Dean Hoffman advised:

Have you looked on YouTube? Ya know, the old thing about a
picture being worth one or ten thousand words?

Of course I've looked on youtube.
There were plenty of mounting videos, for example, but they mostly just
showed you the end result, and none of the practical stuff that I learned
here.

Also, there are lots (and lots) of redneck methods for breaking the bead,
and a few on the HF tool.

The ones on the HF tool just showed the obvious, which is you press down
and that's it. Some even ran into the same problem I ran into which is that
the HF tool is made out of butter.
http://i.cubeupload.com/LqS6N4.jpg

I removed the bent section and will straighten it and try again:
http://i.cubeupload.com/mdLDK0.jpg

But it may be that I actually will need to buy this tool from HF:
http://i.cubeupload.com/ics54M.jpg

I also picked up some new tire valves which will be interesting to put in
since I have never done it befo
http://i.cubeupload.com/DwuIRx.jpg