Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
[email protected] rlin40@gmail.com is offline

Default Clueless wife

On Friday, December 9, 2016 at 12:58:50 PM UTC-5, lin wrote:
I need help!

My husband has an old Delta Milwaukee bench lathe from the 1940s. The problem is that the motor is too fast for the turning he typically does. On the lowest setting, it's still faster than the highest one on his previous lather (3200). I would like to surprise him with a new variable speed motor for this lathe, but I'm way out of my element and don't even know where to start.

Any help would be great appreciated!

Thank you everybody for all of the ideas! This will be a big help!