Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Top U.S. spy agency has not embraced CIA assessment on Russia hacking

On Tue, 13 Dec 2016 07:56:23 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

On Tuesday, December 13, 2016 at 10:32:14 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Tue, 13 Dec 2016 06:44:18 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

On Tuesday, December 13, 2016 at 7:05:06 AM UTC-5, burfordTjustice wrote:
Top U.S. spy agency has not embraced CIA assessment on Russia hacking

http://reut.rs/2hrysSI

Funny how the "top spy agency" can be credible when it suits Trump
and the Trumpets, but totally incompetent and wrong when it does not.
When they concluded based on 11 intel agencies, that Russia was
indeed behind the hacking and
meddling in our election, Trump said they don't know WTF they are
doing, that it wasn't Russia. Now when they are not ready to accept
the next CIA conclusion, that Russia did it to help Trump, well,
now they are credible I guess. Go figure.

And of course all honest, fair Americans want a full investigation of
all of this, to find out to the fullest extent possible, what really
happened. That of course does not include Trump. Trump just picked
a good business friend of the Russians to be sec of state. Let's see
how that goes in the Senate.

A am still not sure what we are accusing them of? Telling us the
truth?

No, illegally hacking, a felony, to meddle with the US election.
And if the CIA is right, to help Trump win over Hillary. CIA believes
they hacked the GOP too, but didn't release whatever they found there.
Hard to imagine that if the Russians wanted to find dirt on Trump,
there was none to be found.

Spying on "sources" is an American tradition, again where is the
shock. Nobody went to jail when Ellsberg stole Pentagon documents and
the New York Times had no problem publishing them.
I am also not sure there were any bomb shells in the RNC emails. It
was no secret that they wanted to Dump Trump and every Trump brain
fart was tweeted out in real time.

Nobody at the DNC has denied what they leaked. After all, the
leaks only said that the DNC was making a conscious effort to dump
Bernie and that Hillary was given debate questions before the debates
... like there were some shocking questions.

If they got the same type of thing from the RNC and it was "dump
Trump" it would not be news anyway.

I disagree. There is bipartisan recognition that this needs to be
fully investigated, regardless of who it benefited or harmed. Many
leading Republicans are calling for a full investigation, McConnell,
McCain, Graham, Rubio and there will be one.

Do you think anything will come out of it? It just sounds like a lot
of flash with no heat.
These are all Trump Dumpers. Maybe they just want their Emails,
confirming that, released and make it sound like it was the russian's
fault.

I also wonder what grounds we have to be outraged. It is not like the
US has never influenced elections around the world and in a far more
active way than simply telling the truth about the campaign.

So, we should just accept Russia doing it, welcome it? What will they
do next time?

We are still not really sure the russians did it. The Israelis had far
more incentive to get Trump elected. Did you see Netanyahu on 60
minutes? He was giddy about Trump.
Their hackers certainly have the skill to leave russian IP addresses
in hack stream.

I really do not have a dog in this fight, I voted for Gary. I just
have a problem with our feigned outrage when our government has done
far worse in elections around the world.
Our CIA has simply worked to have prospective leaders killed if we did
not like them.