Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default LED lighting

Adam Funk wrote:
On 2016-12-03, John Rumm wrote:

I tried many CFLs over the years, and only managed to find one or two
that were at best adequate. Most (especially the early ones) had such
poor colour rendition they seemed to make any room cold and unnatural
looking with a green tinge thrown in for good measure. Its odd, because
I find the light from linear tri-phospher florries quite acceptable.

I retired all the CFLs as soon as I found decent LEDs!

I still have CFLs in stock, but I only use them in outside lights &
multi-lamp indoor fittings (e.g., the dining room ceiling has a
thing-on-a-chain with 3 lamps pointing up).

One of the things that killed the CFL market was the overstated light
output equivalence figures that were banded about.

Yes, they were complete bunk!

Indeed, but they always were and it didn't stop the sale of them. If better
LEDs hadn't come along we'd probably still be using the wretched things.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls