Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Are there any 'all mains' doorbells at reasonable prices?

On Tuesday, 13 December 2016 13:04:13 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
wrote:
On Tuesday, 13 December 2016 11:05:08 UTC, wrote:
Piezos are very power efficient but they just don't have the
required volume. Old mechanicals do.

Piezos and other electronic sounders have just about replaced
conventional bells in fire alarm systems due to low current requirement
enabling more sounders to be used, for uniform volume coverage.

Piezo sounders tend to be tuned to a particular highish frequency for best
efficiency. Perhaps ideal for an alarm, but not sure I'd like that nasty
noise as a door bell.

I agree with that, horrible screeching noise great for alarms but...

I;'ve had a plan for years for a speech doorbell, simple enough really just havn;t got around to it.
I'd use phrase like southparks, "hey dude vistors" (from cartmen gets an anal probe)

or aliens the young girl "They mostly come at night, mostly"

Now coupled that with some sort of recognition of the bell ringer, and I could include obsenities ... JWs. Father Jacks, Feck, Arse, girls.

I'm sure others could come up with interesting ones.