Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bod[_3_] Bod[_3_] is offline

Default Are there any 'all mains' doorbells at reasonable prices?

On 13/12/2016 08:27, Brian Gaff wrote:
You won't find a mains powered button except on the wired variety of course.
think about it for amount. If you need to run a wire to a wireless button to
power it, what is the point in a wireless bell?
Most bells I've come across have either a space for batteries or a socket
for t a dc supply and even if they do not, its not very hard to add such a
supply to most bells be they the old chime type or the electronic type.
Besides, batteries in a wireless bell push are the least of your worries.
The bell push seems to be the weakest link in many designs, they use
rubbish membrane switches, suffer from water ingress and tend to fall to
bits quite often in my experience. I don't think they test them enough with
the thunper, half hearted presser and many hours in the English weather
Brian

That has been my experience with wireless doorbell pushes. That and my
preference for a lit doorbell made me choose a mains one.