Posted to uk.d-i-y
DerbyBorn[_5_] DerbyBorn[_5_] is offline

Default New Aerial socket

Bill Wright wrote in
news
On 12/12/2016 12:29, DerbyBorn wrote:
Just getting around to changing plastic to brushed chrome for all the
sockets and switches in kitchen.
There is a TV Aerial outlet for a small TV. The signal is not great -
Would I be better to use a satellite type of socket rather than
traditional Co- ax?

It makes very little difference, but beware of the chrome wallplates
that have a printed circuit board rather than a straight connection
because they can be very lossy. Also beware of plates that include
voltage isolation because they stop the sky eye working.

If the signal is marginal, amplify it.

Bill

Thanks Bill. Chrome plate arrives today - unseen. Hope it will be okay.
Usually Freeeview is okay - except for a break up on some channels
occassionally. I certainly don't want it to be any worse.